Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Favorite Teachers...Favorite Music
Interviewing a few teachers about their favorite music and their expirences I got to know and understand them from a more personal standpoint. When asking Mrs. Prater about the music or songs that reminded her of her childhood she answered with George Strait. She would listen to him with her parents and she has listened to country music from then to now. I also asked her what her favorite singer or group or song and why and she replied with two answers; Blake Shelton and Rascal Flatts. She likes them because she can sing litterally every song and knows all their songs by heart. After talking with Mrs. Prater, I found Mrs. Wyrick. I then asked her what music reminded her of someone she loves and she told me of the song Crimson and Clover by Tommy James. This song was a song she knew at a young age and she would love to sing when in the car with her mom. Not only did this song remind her of her mom, but her husband. In high school, she was at the dance and on stage was a band. In this band was her future husband. As the dance went on, so did the song and she will always remember him playing this same song and that moment. Following Mrs. Wyrick's story, I went to Mrs. Jansen to see what she had to say. I asked her if she went to concerts and if she went to any memorable concerts in her life. At the age of 14 Mrs. Jansen went to a concert that had two of her most favorite music groups, Kansas and Heart. I also had her tell me her favorite radio station and if she often sings along in the car. She answered with the exact words of heck yeah! 95.5! It was funny to hear her say that. She told me the artist she refuses to listen to and dislikes is Chris Brown. With one more question, I went back to Mrs. Prater and asked her opinion of the most offensive music to her and she told me rap because she can't even understand half of it but when she does, it's really inappropriate. In conclusion, I liked this assignment because I could talk and relate to my teachers on a more personal level instead on a basic student level.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heck yeah! You got some good answers! :)
ReplyDelete