Monday, January 28, 2013

Music Isn't Just Music

I would say that my taste in music has drastically changed throughout the last several years. During middle school, I would listen to a lot of metal and most the music would be music I don't really listen to today. I only listened to a couple bands in middle school whereas now, I listen to a pretty wide variety of bands and genres of music. I enjoy listening to songs that match my mood when before, I listen to a lot of the same type of music.

Part of my friend group listens to the same type of music and the other part does not listen to the same type of music as I do. Although I get along with all my friends, I feel as if I relate much more to the friends that listen to the same music as I do. I can talk more openly with those friends. Music is a very good tool to not only cheer you up but talk about with others.

Without music, my life would be very different and awkward. I listen to any chance I get and make sure to listen to music everyday. Music helps me cheer up and be able to relate to something when I may not have someone to relate to. It also helps me fall asleep at night. I always like to listen to music as I go to sleep that way going to sleep is a lot easier and soothing. Music is all around and thinking of life without it is something I could hardly fathom.

I would not want to be a professional singer because I can not sing well. However, I think being a musician would be cool to be such as a professional drummer or someone who creates great music with instrumental talent. I love making beats and being a drummer and percussionist, I always have. I played percussion in middle school and was ranked third in the city for it, It was something I enjoyed. I don't see myself playing professionally as I grow older but I could see myself having and playing a drumset on the side every once in a while.

Listening to music evokes many feelings and it generally aims at the mood im in or the experiences I've had throughout the day. A lot of people only listen to music that matches their mood and I would definitely say Im one of those people. My mood varies so that means my choice of music does too. Music evokes feelings such as happiness, anger, sadness and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment