During my sophomore year, I was told to read a book for an assignment. I chose to read a gateway book at time by the name of The Compound by S.A Bodeen. I thought that it was an interesting book and had some good scenes as well as a good plot to it. The following is a quote from the end of the book and also a part that I could picture and remember the most.
"Through the haze of dust, we saw someone leap out of the helicopter. Someone not in uniform. There were shouts, and one of the uniformed men grabbed him immediately, trying to restrain him, but his arms and legs thrashed, and he broke free, running in our directionk the others giving chase. But they couldn't catch him. He would reach us before they did, and I had no way of knowing his intentions." - S.A Bodeen
The Compound takes place in a underground bunker with a family that has enough money to build the compound and live in it. At the beginning of the story the main character's brother gets left behind entering the compound and they go many years questioning if he is still okay. After a ton of problems and complications within the compound and family, the main character decides its time to break out of the mess and break out of the compound. As the story nears its end, the main character fights his way from his crazy dad to the exit of the compound. Outside, helicopters arrive as well as the main character's long lost brother. With that being said, the passage was memorable to me because I could easy picture the things going on and the scenes occuring such as the brothers running towards each other to see each other again. I thought the passage was meaningful which made it pretty memorable to me. I liked the book a lot.
I remember lots of freshmen doing Book Talks on this one a few years back! Sounds like a good book...Reminds of that Brendan Fraser (no relation!) movie where he grows up in a bunker and is out of place in the modern world.
ReplyDelete